It's that time of year again! I smile imagining your Earth-loving, makeup-loving friends and family unwrapping our plastic-free goodies! I know they will love them! And so will our Earth!!!
- They're just cooler, okay?? Hand-knit socks? Homemade jewelry? A coffee company some human has been dreaming about since they were 5?!? I love supporting people's passions. What a serious joy!
- When you shop small, you're paying for their groceries, and maybe even your neighbor's paycheck. Did you know that almost half of workers in the U.S. are employed by a small business? Pretty sweet.
- Small businesses are way more likely to be ethical and conscious. They are way closer to the supply chain and therefore can make changes to benefit people and the earth.
- Small businesses can make "riskier" choices because they don't have to order 5 million units from that overseas factory. That means their stuff can be way more fun.
- Shopping small supports the people who live in that community. The estimates are that $0.67 of every dollar spent with a small business stays in the local economy. That means benefits for schools, libraries, fire departments and non-profits!
- Small businesses are more generous. How much so? Well, they're a whopping 250% more likely to give back to the local community than large companies.
- Seriously, Jeff Bezoz and Amazon just don’t need your money… he adds $500 every second to his already billion dollar wealth.